Manage episode 286513945 series 2865193
In Episode #22, we discuss the pros and cons of pets and veganism, focusing on cats and dogs. We’re obviously not veterinarians. These are just our opinions and the research we have done.
Understanding Pets and Veganism
Be mindful of your pets natural diet and educate yourself on why some pets can not be on a vegan diet. We discuss the reasons why and explain how we feed our pets. Our conversation goes in depth about pets and veganism and we go in depth about the plant based options available for your pets.
What Dogs Can and Cannot Eat:
Fruits/veg dogs can eat safely:
- Fruits: apples, bananas, pears, strawberries, melons, peaches
- Leafy Vegetables: spinach, lettuce, kale
- Legumes: lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans
- Cereals: rice, corn, barley, oats, wheat
- Tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes
- Sprouts: soy, lentils, rye, sesame
- Flowers/ inflorescence: artichokes, broccoli, cauliflower
- Stems: leeks, celery, asparagus
- Seeds: pumpkin, sunflower
Foods to be mindful of:
- Garlic and Onions
- Cinnamon and Corn
- Baked goods
Foods to never give:
- Grapes and raisins
We also discuss the things to be aware of when considering your pets and veganism. What to consider, what to avoid, and how best to handle your pet and a vegan diet. We encourage you to do your own research and find options that best suit your pet.
You can find us on itunes, stitcher, pocketcast, or anywhere else you get your podcast fix. Make sure to leave us a review and recommend us to your friends, family, coworkers, strangers, the delivery driver. Of course, follow us on Instagram @theaveragevegans or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to learn your vegan story, your favorite vegan treats, your episode suggestions, and what questions you have about the vegan lifestyle.