Manage episode 284608650 series 2542528
My guest this week is Dr. Bonnie Kaplan, a research psychologist and semi-retired Professor at the University of Calgary’s Cumming School of Medicine. Dr. Bonnie has published widely on the biological basis of developmental disorders and mental health – particularly, the contribution of nutrition to brain development and brain function. Her efforts to include nutrition knowledge in the care of people with mental health challenges have earned her a variety of awards, including the Dr. Rogers Prize and in 2017 she was selected as one of 150 Canadian Difference Makers in Mental Health.In this episode, Dr. Kaplan and I discuss how to make pill swallowing easier for children and adults. Dr. Kaplan’s evidence-based techniques have helped thousands conquer this essential life skill. Many children and adults, especially those dealing with developmental and mental health disorders, struggle daily with pill-swallowing whether it be necessary vitamins, minerals, or vital medications. Dr. Kaplan shares key tips on how to successfully implement her pill-swallowing techniques empowering its users to independently manage this daily task entirely on their own. Dr. Kaplan’s new book, ‘The Better Brain’, co-authored with her former student Dr. Julia Rucklidge, is full of anecdotes, stories, and simplified scientific works to help readers understand the importance of nutrients for brain function.
Where to learn more about Dr. Bonnie Kaplan…
- The Better Brain Book
- Pill Swallowing Instructional Video + Resources
- British Medical Journal Article
Connect with Dr. Nicole Beurkens on...
Need help with improving your child’s behavior naturally?
- My book Life Will Get Better is available for purchase, click here to learn more.
- Looking for more? Check out my Blog and the Better Behavior Naturally Parent Membership- a resource guide for parents who want to be more effective with improving their child’s behavior.
- Interested in becoming a patient? Contact us here.