Manage episode 287613813 series 2542527
My guest this week is Michelle Icard, an author, speaker and educator who helps kids, parents, and teachers navigate the complicated social world of early adolescence. Her latest book is Fourteen Talks by Age Fourteen, which guides readers through the fourteen essential conversations parents need to have with their kids before they begin high school. Michelle is a member of the TODAY Show parenting team, NBC News Learn, and her work has been featured in the Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, The Christian Science Monitor, Redbook, Time, and People. Her leadership curriculum for middle schoolers, Athena's Path, and Hero's Pursuit, have been implemented at schools across the U.S., and her summer camp curriculum is offered at more than 20 camps each summer. In this episode, Michelle and I discuss the tricky stages of how to communicate effectively with teens and tweens as they navigate growth and desire more independence. Michelle shares with parents how to engage with their teens during these formative years of social and emotional changes and ways to maintain their interest while growing in respect of one another.
Where to learn more about Michelle Icard …
- Book: Fourteen Talks by Age Fourteen
- Less Stressed Middle School Parents Facebook Group
Connect with Dr. Nicole Beurkens on...
Need help with improving your child’s behavior naturally?
- My book Life Will Get Better is available for purchase, click here to learn more.
- Looking for more? Check out my Blog and the Better Behavior Naturally Parent Membership- a resource guide for parents who want to be more effective with improving their child’s behavior.
- Interested in becoming a patient? Contact us here.