Manage episode 120882054 series 48558
Are trapped ghosts inside the Milton Schoolhouse? Are there mysterious spirits, unrelated to the legend, that call the Milton home? Or perhaps there has never been a ghostly presence in the building. Join me as we chat with Milton co-owner, Meredith, as well as previous guest, Ginger Collins-Justus. Paranormal or not, you MUST visit the Milton and see its current reincarnation! Visit BigSeance.com for more info.
"The Milton Schoolhouse is a place for innovators, dreamers, bold visionaries, entrepreneurs, inventors, artists, daring pioneers- and renaissance people."
Pssst... Are you looking for the SpeakPipe Link?
In this episode:
- Episode Preview :00
- Intro 1:51
- Take a ride with me! We’re headed to Alton, Illinois for Maeva’s Coffee Shop at the Milton Schoolhouse! 2:24
- The legend and history of the Milton Schoolhouse, which was featured on Syfy’s Ghost Hunters in 2010. 4:02
- Troy Taylor’s article from AltonHauntings.com
- Ginger Collins-Justus and I sit down at Maeva’s with co-owner of the Milton Schoolhouse, Meredith. She introduces us to the Milton and gives a brief timeline of events and renovation since purchasing the building in 2009. 7:52
- Patrick describes the Milton Schoolhouse and what you’ll find when you walk in. 9:49
- I begin asking Meredith about the legend. And she gives us a cool behind the scenes look at Jason and Grant’s visit with T.A.P.S. 10:26
- Is there any truth to the legend? 13:40
- So what about the reports of hauntings? Is it haunted? And who is haunting it? And what about the evidence from the Ghost Hunters episode? 14:53
- Riverbend Paranormal
- Being a respectful landlord to the presence of both the physical and spiritual. (Not getting the answer I apparently was looking for, I kept pestering Meredith about activity in the building.) 15:56
- I missed the cooler story. What’s the latest news from the Milton? 16:37
- Templar Brewing Co is moving into the Milton.
- What does Ginger think? As an intuitive medium, does she sense a paranormal presence in the building? 17:28
- Ginger is also the owner of Missouri History and Hauntings. Does she think there’s any truth to the Milton legend? 21:02
- Schools hold lots of energy from decades of students coming and going, memories, experiences, and history. Is it that residual energy that people claim to feel and experience here? 22:51
- Getting a brief tour of the building, meeting Buford, and stumbling into THE boiler room! 25:06
- Leaving Maeva’s and feeling silly about focusing on the legend and the paranormal, when there is so much more to the Milton. And why is it that I sleep like a baby in “the most haunted” places? 26:44
- If you have stories or have had paranormal experiences from the Milton Schoolhouse, please contact me! I’d love to hear about your experiences. 28:36
- Another audio issue of Tim Prasil’s Spectral Edition! (Possessed Girl - Club House Ghost) 28:53
- Catching up with Ginger Collins-Justus and talking about some upcoming events she’s planning. Be sure to listen to Ginger’s previous appearance on episode 23 of the podcast. 32:50
- The Milton is SO much more than a place for paranerds to fantasize about! It’s a super cool community and a place for inspiration. Please visit the website for the Milton Schoolhouse! Visit the “news” link in the menu for a beautiful blog written by Meredith. I read nearly every blog entry. It chronicles the journey they’re taking at the Milton. Many of you might appreciate the post titled Paranormal Preservationists. 36:13
- Look forward to an upcoming Milton Schoolhouse episode from our friends over at the History Goes Bump podcast! 38:29
- Hey Meredith, can you repeat that? 39:03
- Outro 40:06
- Paranerdal Hashtag 41:41
Thank you, Meredith and Ginger!!
For more on the Milton Schoolhouse:
Record your voice feedback directly from your device on my SpeakPipe page! Call the show at (775) 583-5563 (or 7755-TELL-ME). I would love to include your voice feedback in a future show. Visit BigSéance.com for more information.
114 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 62 mins duration .