Manage episode 250363903 series 2086104
Brie Shelly, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Registered Yoga Teacher, avid traveler, and positive social media advocate, talks social media, eating disorder recovery and body image.
Inside the show, we discuss:
- Social media’s affect on mental health
- The pros and cons of social media on wellbeing
- Social media’s affect on body image and feelings about food choices
- How (and why) not to compare your individual eating disorder recovery journey to someone else’s
- Being mindful of what you share about your recovery journey online
- Tools to help protect yourself from comparison in your recovery journey
- The affects of social media "before and after" photos
- How to gain media literacy
- How to build mindfulness and awareness in your relationship with social media
- Helpful questions to ask yourself about social media
- Why in-person support and groups are so important in recovery
- And much more!
Learn more about Corinne and The Body Image Podcast at CorinneDobbas.com