Manage episode 255218073 series 2086104
Rachel Coleman, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, talks about mindfulness, food, feelings, and coping skills to respond to those feelings.We also talk about:
- How mindfulness is connected to body image work
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) & DBT skills
- The nuances of "emotional eating"
- Exploring what to do when "emotional eating" feels distressing to you
- Separating feelings and food (or disordered eating behaviors)
- Showing yourself grace