Manage episode 366250716 series 2421902
Jason Prall delivers a sensational presentation in this episode on the fascinating topic of human longevity!
Rarely have I interviewed such a powerhouse guest, so fasten your seatbelts because this guy brings the heat and you can hardly catch your breath as we cover a tremendous range of topics all centered around longevity.
Jason is well-known for his documentary series called Human Longevity Project, and he also recently released a book called Beyond Longevity: A Human Plan For For Healing Faster, Feeling Better, and Thriving At Any Age. We cover so many other topics aside from the basics of eating healthy, exercise, and moderating stress, and Jason’s work has led him to doing an incredible amount of research into these topics, which makes him an incredibly passionate and knowledge resource. We have a really practical and grounded conversation that also incorporates elements of appreciation, spirituality, aging gracefully, and according to Jason, “paying attention to all the energetic inputs to highlight the areas that provide the biggest opportunity for improvement.”
QUOTES: “If we wish to thrive in the modern world, we must create a mental, emotional, physical, and energetic environment that is congruent with this natural lifecycle.”
Jason brings to us all the latest information on longevity. [00:56]
The Human Longevity Project came about from looking at combining all aspects of our current life as well as the spiritual concepts and a deeper understanding of biology. [03:30]
What have we learned from the people in the Blue Zone? [07:50]
Why do would we want to live to 100? [09:29]
We have to concentrate on how we deal with the effects of today’s lifestyle with technology and other things that trigger our nervous system. We have adapted to the environment that we’re in. [21:26]
We all have the capacity to change our mental and emotional framework. [27:03]
Do the people in the Blue Zone naturally feel grateful and are they naturally able to manage their attention and priorities without a Google calendar? [28:30]
In our culture there is actually an underlying stressor keeping our sympathetic system elevated on a chronic basis. [34:15]
The foods that people eat in different cultures vary and they are not labeled bad or good. All foods are bad or good in the right context. Each person is different. [37:50]
The people in the Blue Zones eat what is available. They can get away with eating more Starchy carbohydrates because they are on the move all day long. [43:57]
There won’t be Blue Zones like in the past because modern western influence has emerged. [47:31]
It is important to pay attention to all the energetic inputs that provide biggest opportunities for improvement wherever you stand now. Pay attention to the circadian rhythm. [54:28]
What did you see that was the impact of Western society as you were going back and forth between these primitive cultures and places like New York City? [01:01:26]
The first seven years of one’s life lays the groundwork for longevity. [01:07:48]
The depth of knowledge and awareness that those centenarians Jason interviewed have, not only acknowledging about their culture and their life and the human experience from their perspective, but they also seem to understand it. [01:18:50]
They have a community of safety. They trust that things are going to be fine. [01:21:36]
Living a youthful life, hanging out with younger people and pets all help you keep up that youthful spirit. [01:28:44]
You have an opportunity every day to establish a new way of being. [01:31:53]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- B.rad Whey Protein Isolate Superfuel
- The Human Longevity Project
- Beyond Longevity
- Laurel or Yanny
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Mito Red Light: Photobiomodulation light panels to enhance cellular energy production, improve recovery, and optimize circadian rhythm. Use code BRAD for 5% discount!
- NutriSense: Continuous glucose monitor and 1:1 expert support to help optimize diet choices and lifestyle behaviors. $30 B.rad discount!
- Marek Health: Comprehensive lab testing and expert tele-health support for peak performance. Use code “BRAD” for 10% discount!
- Plunge: Sensational custom-designed home cold plunge with filtered, circulating water, custom temperature setting, and sleek design. Save $150 with code BRAD
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don’t. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- B.rad Whey + Creatine Superfuel: Premium quality, all-natural supplement for peak performance, recovery, and longevity
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Online educational courses: Numerous great offerings for an immersive home-study educational experience
Check out the my Favorites page for discounts on other great products!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.