Manage episode 270527811 series 2503879
Making career moves is hard at any point in life - but if you're making a change after 20+ years working, and getting little to no feedback from potential employers who won't hire you, it's all too easy to fill in some blanks…
On this episode of The Bridge to Fulfillment, Blake addresses the subject of perceived ageism as you make a necessary career transition and tells the story of Libby, a client who found her ideal role with clarity, an understanding of her own value, and a refusal to settle. Listen in to get a new perspective on the obstacles in your career path, and how to take them on as only you can.
- Why our most unique and valuable skills are often the hardest to articulate
- What you have control over in the job market, what you don't, and how to tell the difference
- How Libby went from having no confidence in her ability to position herself to setting the gold standard for interviews at her new job
- And much more!
“This is what happens when you understand your secret sauce transferable skills. This is what happens when you have clarity on what you want, and your highest value in the market and you know how to position and move yourself forward. That's how you get hiring managers interested in you. That's how doors open. And that's how you transition into a role that's not only the right one for you, but where you really maximize your impact and your income.”
- Blake Schofield
How to get involved
- To schedule a 15 minute discovery call to see if or how Blake can help you: www.connectionsilluminated.com
- To get access to free resources, updates & future events, join Blake’s newsletter at www.bridge2fulfillment.com
You are capable of far more than you can imagine. Life doesn’t have to be an either/or. You can have it all and do it without taking a leap or risking what you’ve worked so hard to build!
Liked this episode, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts and leave a review. We love to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!