Manage episode 261165435 series 2667674
The list of global problems is huge. But a lot of them are related. This episode covers 5 problems that are holding us back from living a happy, healthy, life on a sustainable planet. And since Shawn doesn't enjoy talking about the problems, he'll also start introducing some solutions for each of them.
The five biggest environmental problems are:
1. Environmentalist vs. Environmentalist: Greenwashing and infighting are holding us back from making massive progress.
2. The Wicked Lies About Light Bulbs: Lighting is such a trivial part of our environmental impact and yet it seems to be the only thing that a lot of people want to talk about.
3. Carbon Footprint: A changing climate has significant impacts on the Earth's ecosystem, which we rely on for our food, our shelter, our air, and so much more.
4. Petroleum Footprint: Very much related to #3 but focused on separately because it's also a limited resource. We need to learn to live with way less of it eventually. Might as well start now.
5. Toxic Footprint: People are getting sick at an alarming rate. Nearly everyone seems to be taking some thing for some problem.
For each of these problems, there are things we can do at home to make a significant difference. Things that can save money and provide us a more luxuriant life!
To learn more, visit buildingabetterworldbook.com.