Manage episode 245660157 series 2460143
Do you really need advanced features on that online business app/tool?
With so many online tools and apps ranging from free to paid, it can get confusing which ones to use. While we definitely recommend trying the free or trial versions before getting the paid option, wouldn’t it be time consuming to try them all?
There are many factors to consider when deciding which apps to use. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned handmade business owner, there’s an app/tool that’s perfect for you. In this episode, we list different online tools/apps/software that helps us run our businesses online.
These are the tools that we use and recommend. We hope that it will be useful for you as well. This list will not only save you time but also money.
~ Jess, Mik & Deb
It’s not a secret that we like using tools and apps to help us run our businesses online. However, with so many online apps and tools online how do you choose which ones to use? In this week’s episode, we list different kinds of tools that we use and recommend and hopefully it will also be helpful for you.
what we cover in this episode:
- Email marketing tools: MailerLite, Mailchimp, ConvertKit;
- Why we switched to ConvertKit and which one you should get when you’re just starting out;
- Reasons why we don’t use Snapchat;
- LastPass for securing and sharing passwords;
- Accounting softwares: Wave, Xero and Quickbooks;
- Project management/team communication: Asana, Trello, Slack;
- Why we don’t recommend Messenger and WhatsApp;
- Editing Photos: Snapseed, VCSO, Photoshop Express, Adobe Lightroom, Gimp, Color Tone;
- Why we don’t use Color Tone for product photography;
- Adobe Suite for advanced graphic designers: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.;
- Why we recommend Canva and PicMonkey for beginners when creating graphics;
- Mobile video editing: InShot, Video Downloader for Instagram;
- Period tracker: Clue;
- The effects of hormones and changing moods to your business and the benefits of tracking your period cycles;
- Productivity/health apps: Freedom, SelfControl, AutoSleep, Fitbit;
- Website: WordPress, Shopify;
- Web hosting: SiteGround, DreamHost;
- What you need to look out for when choosing a web hosting company;
- Data and cloud storage/backup: GoogleDrive, Dropbox, Backblaze;
- Email and file sharing: Gmail, Outlook, Google Docs;
- Social media scheduler: Later, Grum;
- Free stock photos: Unsplash