Manage episode 175620671 series 1282967
Will Norris (Engineering Manager at Google's Open Source office) joined the show to talk about their new release of the Google Open Source website as well as the release of Google's internal documentation on how they do open source. Nearly 70 pages of documentation have been made public under creative commons license for the world to use. We talked about the backstory of Google's Open Source office, their philosophy on OSS, their involvement in the TODO group, and much more.
- Hired – Get hired. It's free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place!
npm install --save rollbarfor error tracking in your Node.js apps.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Will Norris – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- A New Home for Google Open Source
- Google Open Source - Bringing better technology to the world by promoting open source.
- Google Open Source docs
- TODO - Talk openly, develop openly
- GitHub now lets its workers keep the IP when they use company resources for personal projects
- Chris DiBona
- Check out the Project Metadata project Will mentioned during the show
- The Changelog #211: Open Source at Facebook with James Pearce
- Google on GitHub
- David Recordon on Changelog.com
295 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 67 mins duration .