Manage episode 180858890 series 1282967
On Friday, June 2, 2017 – GitHub announced the details of their Open Source Survey – an open data set on the open source community for researchers and the curious. Frannie Zlotnick, Nadia Eghbal, and Mikeal Rogers joined the show to talk through the backstory and key insights of this open data project which sheds light on the broader open source community’s attitudes, experiences, and backgrounds of those who use, build, and maintain open source software.
- Sentry – Get 30 days free when you sign up with the code
- Toptal – Hire the top freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts with Toptal. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Microsoft Azure OpenDev – a live one-day virtual conference on June 21, 2017 focused on showcasing open source technologies on Azure. See what’s possible with open source in the cloud. Learn how you can build containerized microservices and improve your open source DevOps pipeline. Participate in Q&A sessions, and get hands-on experience with open source technologies on Azure.
- Nadia Eghbal – Twitter, GitHub
- Frannie Zlotnick – GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mikeal Rogers – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- GitHub Blog: Announcing an open data set on the open source community
- Spotlight #10: How China Does Node with Shiya Luo at Node.js Interactive 2016
- Oh, and here’s that Wired article Mikeal mentioned
331 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 69 mins duration .