Manage episode 184066580 series 1282967
This is an anthology episode from OSCON 2017 featuring awesome conversations with Kelsey Hightower (OSCON Co-Chair and Developer Advocate at Google Cloud Platform), Safia Abdalla (Open Source Developer and Creator of Zarf), and Mike McQuaid and Nadia Eghbal (GitHub Open Source Programs).
- ElixirConf 2017 – September 5-8 in Bellevue, WA - Our listeners get an exclusive $40 discount! Get face time with core developers of Elixir, Phoenix, Ecto, Nerves and more. Learn from over 40 speakers and keynotes about how top companies and developers are getting performance gains from Elixir and surpassing their competition. There is no better place to discuss, collaborate and socialize with other Elixir professionals and enthusiasts.
- CircleCI – CircleCI is a continuous integration and delivery platform that helps software teams rapidly release code with confidence by automating the build, test, and deploy process. Checkout the recently launched CircleCI 2.0!
- Datadog – Cloud-Scale Monitoring — Monitoring that tracks your dynamic infrastructure and applications. Plus next-generation APM. Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize end-to-end application performance. Start your free trial, install the agent, and get a free t-shirt!
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- Kelsey Hightower – Twitter, GitHub
- Safia Abdalla – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Nadia Eghbal – Twitter, GitHub
- Mike McQuaid – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Kelsey Hightower is an OSCON Co-Chair and Developer Advocate (Google Cloud Platform) — We talked about being a co-chair, why he does live demos, and his motivations towards open source.
When you say you’re successful, I guarantee when you look around it’s because someone is celebrating your victories.
- Check out DevOps Days Austin 2017 on YouTube
- The tweets mentioned from Kelsey that were seen as “controversial by some in the community” started with this tweet, then this tweet, and finally this tweet.
- “I don’t write code for free. I write code for freedom.”
- “Best birthday gift ever!” thanks to Brian Ketelsen
Safia Abdalla is an open source developer and creator of Zarf — We talked about being a command-line junkie and her talk on the intersection of business and open source.
- Zarf - an online platform that allows writers to sell subscription content to their readers.
- Open Source at Facebook with James Pearce (Facebook)
Mike McQuaid and Nadia Eghbal
Mike McQuaid and Nadia Eghbal work at GitHub in Open Source Programs — We talked about GitHub’s Open Source Alley at OSCON and how they are working to better support open source maintainers and their communities.
342 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 68 mins duration .