Archive this series
Adam Stacoviak, Andrew Thorp and Kenneth Reitz talk with Chad Whitacre about sustaining open source through Gittip, building an open company and more.
Notes and Links
- We're joined by Chad Whitacre of gittip.com
- gittip.com allows you to send recurring gifts to people you want to support
- Chad is running gittip.com as an open company
- Pledgie is a way to raise funds online
- The MacArthur Genius Grant is a program that supports awesome people doing awesome things
- Balanced Payments is the payment provider behind gittip
- Stripe is another payment provider
- Watsi is crowd funding for changing the world for good
- Balanced has open sourced their dashboard
- A BDFL is a Benevolent Dictator for Life
- The Lean Startup is a book by Eric Ries
- Heroku gives on gittip.
- MaxCDN gives on gittip.
- Reddit is an open source project and is on github
- Share projects and links with us on our subreddit
- You can sign up for the gittip newsletter
- Medium is a new writing platform
- Kenneth loves this tweet from Chad on Twitter
265 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 71 mins duration .