Manage episode 227822644 series 1282967
We’re talking with Gina Helfrich the Communications Director for NumFOCUS about their story and history, the impact of open code on science, the difference between sponsored and affiliated projects, corporate backing, the back story of their education and events program PyData, and the struggles of storytelling and fundraising.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Clubhouse – The first project management platform for software development that brings everyone on every team together to build better products. Get an extra two months free - head to clubhouse.io/changelog
- Raygun – Unblock your biggest app performance bottlenecks with Raygun APM. Smarter application performance monitoring (APM) that lets you understand and take action on software issues affecting your customers.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Gina Helfrich – Twitter
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Special thanks to Bryan W. Weber for suggesting this episode
- NumFOCUS — Open Code • Better Science
- NumFOCUS — Sponsored projects
- NumFOCUS — Affiliated projects
- We talked Spack on Request for Commits #13 with Todd Gamblin
- We talked rOpenSci on The Changelog #263 with Karthik Ram
- Digitizing images of the Sun from the 1970s with SunPy Maps
350 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 69 mins duration .