Archive this series
Kent C. Dodds joined the show to talk about guiding and supporting first time contributors to open source. We talked about the many ways to be first-timer friendly, how to contribute to open source, the burden and balance of a maintainer, and a few of the projects Kent maintains, including his latest project at PayPal called Glamourous.
- Sentry – Get 30 days free when you sign up with the code
- Toptal – Hire the best freelance developers and designers with Toptal. Email
email@example.com a personal introduction.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Kent C. Dodds – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- First Timers Only
- firsttimersonly.com + GitHub repo
- all-contributors - ✨ Recognize all contributors, not just the ones who push code ✨
- [egghead.io] - How to Contribute to an Open Source Project on GitHub
- Changelog.com on GitHub
- Thanks to Marco Vito Moscaritolo for this PR
- Thanks to Christian Franco for this PR
- stack-overflow-copy-paste - Utility functions copy/pasted (and modified slightly) from Stack Overflow
- Managing an Open Source Project - a talk from Kent C. Dodds
- The Changelog #242: The Burden of Open Source with James Long
- Why I'm Frequently Absent from Open Source by James Long
- Healthy Open Source by Mikeal Rogers
- Learning to Quit
- Glamorous! Blog post + GitHub repo
- Make a Pull Request
Adam Stacoviak in Bosnia and Herzegovina on a peacekeeping mission with the United States Army in 2000.
257 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 73 mins duration .