Manage episode 307800136 series 2391700
Brian Klaas is a columnist at The Washington Post, a political scientist, and an associate professor in global politics at University College London.
He is the author of several books including The Devil’s Accomplice, The Devil’s Apprentice, and How to Rig an Election.
His new book is Corruptible: Who Gets Power and How It Changes Us.
Brian Klaas warns that America’s political, social, and other institutions are structured to reward and encourage sociopathic and other anti-human and authoritarian behavior.
Klaas also explains that to prevent the rise of another fascist-authoritarian such as Donald Trump (or his successors) will require not just treating the symptoms of a pathocracy but also a deep examination of how America’s elite class attracts and rewards such vile human beings.
He also warns that American democracy is rapidly succumbing to the poisons of fascism, authoritarianism and violence.
And Brian Klaas shares what it was like to speak with some of America’s and the world’s most dangerous leaders and other personalities – and why learning from them is necessary if we are to create healthier political and social institutions.
Chauncey DeVega reflects on our collective exhaustion and what it feels like to be on the “doom treadmill”.
Chauncey also offers some advice about how to manage and defeat the Republican fascist assault on American society and feelings of being wholly overwhelmed.
And on this bountiful podcast episode, Chauncey DeVega shares some hate mail and reviews two new movies that he wants to warn the public to avoid -- lest they fall into a deep slumber.
Plus, he also educates the public about the “goat man”.
SELECTED LINKS OF INTEREST FOR THIS EPISODE OF THE CHAUNCEY DEVEGA SHOW
- Still hate Hillary? Get over it: She was right about Trump then — and she's right now
- "Critical race theory" is a fairytale — but America's monsters are real
- After the Rittenhouse verdict: Will "white freedom" spell the ruin of America?
- Gun-loving Trump supporters are amassing 'shock troops' to attack democracy: former firearms exec
- Trump ally Michael Flynn tried to get a top Pentagon official to help overturn the election after Trump lost, book says
- Republicans are fomenting a violent insurgency in America. It may have already started
- Legend of the Goatman
WHERE CAN YOU FIND ME?
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE CHAUNCEY DEVEGA SHOW?
Via Paypal at ChaunceyDeVega.com
Music at the end of this week's episode of The Chauncey DeVega Show is by JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound. You can listen to some of their great music on Spotify.