Manage episode 339638685 series 45939
Text message scams keep coming and keep morphing. Know what the latest barrage looks like - deploying new ways to hook you into getting ripped off. Also, high mortgage rates can be avoided when conditions are right for a family member to make the loan. Learn how to lend to loved ones without the tax consequences.
- New Text Message Scams: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Family Loans & Taxes: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- Why You Should Never Click on Random Text Messages
- Don’t click on that random text. It’s a scam
- Managed Payout Funds vs. Annuities: How Do They Compare?
- Best Rewards Credit Cards: Top Picks for 2022
- The One Place You Can Still Get a 3% Home Loan: Your Family
- Frequently Asked Questions on Gift Taxes
- Applicable Federal Rates - Internal Revenue Service
- Should You Buy Out Your Leased Car?
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices