Manage episode 342247726 series 45939
A completely illegal practice is going on by nursing homes and their collectors. Under federal law - The Nursing Home Reform Act - it’s illegal to go after family members for nursing home debt. What to do if you’re contacted for this type of collection. Meanwhile, bad investment advice is being peddled to young would-be investors on TikTok and other social media channels. There are 225 professional designations people are using to pitch commission based financial advice! That’s why you must know the basics, know the pay-for-play dubious pitch when you hear it, and know how to find a legitimate, fiduciary financial advisor.
- Illegal Nursing Home Collections: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Ethics In Investing: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- Regulators try to stop unlawful nursing home debt collection
- The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act - AARP
- 4 Things To Know About Hulu's Live TV Streaming Service
- Clark.com - Streaming TV
- Rule of 78 Definition - Investopedia
- Simple Interest Definition: Who Benefits, With Formula and Example
- Why Investing And Insurance Shouldn't Mix (Despite What TikTok Says)
- Will the Real Financial Planners Please Stand Up?
- What Is a Fiduciary Financial Advisor and Do I Need One?
- Best Investment Companies for Investors in 2022
- Trust Pilot - Worthy
- Here Are 100+ Brands That Are Made in the USA
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices