Manage episode 225747206 series 2285741
Description: Brian talks with Sam Charrington (@samcharrington, Machine Learning & AI analyst, advisor & host of “This Week in Machine Learning & AI” podcast) about trends in the industry, the evolution of AI at the edge, new research areas in 2019, and a discussion about adding AI and ML to business applications.
Show Sponsor Links:
- Liquid Technology - IT Value Recovery
- Try CloudLast Service, get a free t-shirt and chance at Amazon Gift Card
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
Show Interview Links:
- This Week in Machine Learning & AI Homepage - http://twimlai.com
- Kubernetes for Machine Learning, Deep Learning and AI (eBook) - https://twimlai.com/kubernetes/
- Sam Charrington on Eps.321 of The Cloudcast - http://www.thecloudcast.net/2017/11/the-cloudcast-321-understanding-ai-and.html
Topic 1 - Happy New Year and welcome back to the show, it’s been just over a year. For those that didn’t hear that show or might be new to TWIML & AI, tell us about your background and some of your AI/ML focus now.
Topic 2 - Let’s start with the things that are considered “mainstream” with AI & ML today. Fraud detection, recommendation engines, facial recognition, speech recognition, auto-completions. What’s missing from that list, and how “commodity” have those technologies, tools, datasets, cloud services become?
Topic 3 -On the flipside, what are some of the areas where research or just the massive cloud providers are focused today?
Topic 4 - A couple years ago it seemed like TWIML & AI was a mix of technology discussions and business/social impacts. This past year seemed to be a deeper focus on the underlying technologies. What’s the current state of the balance between AI & ML for computing improvement vs. concerns about personal privacy, etc.?
Topic 5 - What’s the “getting started” curve look like for companies that want/need to add or integrate AI & ML into their applications? What are some numbers you hear about cost of engineers, sizes of datasets, number of experiments and models needed to run, etc.?
Topic 6 - What are some of the things you’re really looking forward to in 2019, whether it’s technology or trends or something else?
442 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 32 mins duration .