Manage episode 226766103 series 2285741
Description: Aaron talks with Harry Sverdlove (@TheSecureWord, Founder & CTO Edgewise Networks) about the evolution of security to embrace both a micro-services and multi-cloud world.
Show Sponsor Links:
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
- Liquid Technology - IT Value Recovery
- Try CloudLast Service, get a free t-shirt and chance at Amazon Gift Card
Cloud News of the Week
- Dropbox picks up HelloSign for $230M
- Bosch investing 4 billion euro to accelerate building out their autonomous car division
- Cisco has announced ACI extensions into AWS and Azure as a “data center anywhere” solution
- VC funding in 2018
Show Interview Links:
Topic 1 - Briefly Introduce yourself and tell everyone a little bit about your background.
Topic 2 - The topic of security historically has been a weakness for Brian and I, let’s start at the start and cover a few base topics first. What are some of the big challenges customers are facing today in hybrid and public cloud?
Topic 3 - I came from the “secure the perimeter” world back in the day. How has this concept evolved and does it still apply to operations today?
Topic 4 - Are we evolving into an anomaly detection mindset going forward? How does AI/ML assist (if at all) in this area vs. historical trends and pattern matching?
Topic 5 - As applications move to more cloud native architectures joined with a loose coupling of microservice, how does this change play into approaching the problem?
Topic 6 - Last question, what implications does multi-cloud present?
442 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 32 mins duration .