Manage episode 222754570 series 2285741
Description: Brian talks with Mark Hinkle (@mrhinkle) and Sebastien Goasguen (@sebgoa), Co-Founders of @TriggerMesh, about the evolution of serverless and functions-as-a-service in the Kubernetes ecosystem, the new Knative framework, and how companies are considering the use of functions for new applications.
Show Sponsor Links:
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
Show Interview Links:
- TriggerMesh Homepage - https://triggermesh.com/
- The ServerlessCast #2 - Kubeless (Sebastien Goasguen) http://www.thecloudcast.net/2017/02/the-serverlesscast-2-kubeless.html
- The Cloudcast #102 - Open Source 101 (Mark Hinkle) http://www.thecloudcast.net/2013/03/the-cloudcast-eps78-open-source.html
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Both of you are Cloudcast alumni. Tell us about this new company that you’ve started.
Topic 2 - Sebastian, the last time we spoke with you, you had created the Kubeless project (at Skipboxx), just before selling it to Bitnami. That was when “Serverless on Kubernetes” was beginning to get very fragmented. Since then, Knative has come along to try and bring some unity around Serverless on Kubernetes. Give our listeners some basic understanding of how Knative works.
Topic 3 - Let’s talk about TriggerMesh. Introduce us to the technology, and the role it plays in a Serverless or Knative or FaaS management environment?
Topic 4 - Where do you expect to see the most innovation around Knative - Serving, Builds or Events? What are some of the areas where TriggerMesh is focused?
Topic 5 - What are some of the serverless use-cases that you’re hearing about from early customers?
Topic 6 - What are some of the things that customers are beginning to ask for that have surprised you?
449 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 32 mins duration .