Manage episode 209425282 series 2285741
- Docker Announcement - Federated Application Management
- Docker Announcement - Kubernetes on Windows Server
- Kenny's Podcast - Bourbon Pursuit
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes | OpenShift - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill
- [A CLOUD GURU] A Cloud Guru Membership - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- [FREE] eBook from O'Reilly
- Topic 1 - Welcome back to the show. First off, before we get into DockerCon, give us an update on Bourbon Pursuit.
- Topic 2 - Many years ago, when you first came on the show, you were attending one of the first Cloud Foundry Summits, so I guess you’re sort of becoming one of our official Cloudcast event correspondents. Give us an overview of DockerCon 2018 in San Francisco.
- Topic 3 - Last year (in the US) it was all about “Moby”. Then in Europe it was beginning to be about Kubernetes. This year it seemed to be, as Darren Sheppard (@ibuildthecloud, Rancher CTO) put it “an enterprise sales pitch”. Obviously a lot has changed with Ben Golub and Solomon Hykes leaving Docker.
- Topic 4 - What were some of the technologies or talks that interested you this week?
- Topic 5 - Docker has always tried to be the “Apple” of containers - focused on simplicity, clean design. Did you hear any feedback from attendees about how they are accepting the shift to Kubernetes, or other changes they are making?