Manage episode 211476404 series 2285741
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes | OpenShift - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill
- [A CLOUD GURU] A Cloud Guru Membership - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- [FREE] eBook from O'Reilly
Topic 1 - It’s been a busy year for Cloudcast alumni in 2018
- Microsoft acquires GitHub - 7.5B?
- BonsaiAI acquired by Microsoft?
- Pivotal IPO - $555M?
- Evident.io acquired by Palo Alto - $300M?
- CoreOS acquired by Red Hat - $250M?
- Splunk acquires VictorOps - $120M?
- Elastic (formerly ElasticSearch) - announced IPO plans?
- Loggly acquired by Solarwinds
- Gartner only has 6 companies in their IaaS Magic quadrant?
- AWS keeps growing (apparently 30-35% of public cloud spending)?
- Microsoft keeps acquiring?
- Google is still TBD, but we’re going to GoogleNEXT in July?
- Alibaba is growing and starting to hear about more US companies using AliCloud?
- IBM and Oracle still seem like large Enterprise vendors
Topic 4 - We’ve been trying to incorporate more AI and IoT into the shows this year. What have you learned so far, what has surprised you, where do you still have questions?