Manage episode 215836699 series 2285741
- CloudHealth Website
- CloudHealth acquired by VMware (August 2018)
- CloudHealth Blog
- Joe’s Blog
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes | OpenShift - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill
- [A CLOUD GURU] A Cloud Guru Membership - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- [FREE] eBook from O'Reilly
- Topic 1 - Welcome back to the show. It’s been nearly a year since you were last on. How are you seeing the public cloud evolve in 2018?
- Topic 2 - Looking at market share reports, there’s still a distribution of usage - from AWS to Azure to GCP to “Other”. Are you seeing companies want multi-cloud or hybrid-cloud, or is it a matter of them really aligning with a single public cloud?
- Topic 3 - Do you think companies understand that each public cloud does billing and cost modeling differently?
- Topic 4 - Any tips or tricks you’ve seen that help to make it possible to normalize the differences between the billing and cost models? Tools exist, but how much friction is that creating on usage decisions?
- Topic 5 - Do you think the public clouds are doing enough to make public cloud usage understandable, or is cloud-cost complexity just an extension of how complex IT cost modeling has always been? Are there areas where this is getting better?
442 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 32 mins duration .