Manage episode 216244968 series 2285741
- Velocity Conf - "Single Pane of Glass at USA Today"
- VELOCITY CONF NYC Discount Code (25% Off) - "CLOUD"
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes | OpenShift - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill
- [A CLOUD GURU] A Cloud Guru Membership - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Tell us about yourself and some of the things you’re working on at Gannett | USA Today.
- Topic 2 - You’re still very young, but yet you’re working on API Management, complex automation, CDNs, containers, CI/CD pipelines. How did you gain experience in so many areas so quickly?
- Topic 3 - You’re talking about how USA Today has been evolving to break down organizational silos and adopt new technologies to make the team more efficient. Can you walk us through some of that evolution?
- Topic 4 - What does a day-in-the-life or a week-in-the-life of an environment like USA Today look like, with constantly new content, crazy deadlines, demand for 24x7x365 availability, etc.?
- Topic 5 - What have been some of the lessons learned over this transformation - good lessons, mistakes, things that might be applicable to any company?
- Topic 6 - The transformation is both organizational/cultural and technology? What technologies tended to give you the biggest improvement or new advantage?