Manage episode 217648068 series 2285741
Brian talks with Ben Hall (@Ben_Hall, Founder of Ocelot Uproar, creator of @TeamKatacoda) about the evolution of helping developers learn new Cloud-native technology skills, and how Katacoda is making that an online, browser-only reality.
- Katacoda Website
- Learn Red Hat OpenShift
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes | OpenShift- RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill
- [A CLOUD GURU] A Cloud Guru Membership - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Let’s talk a little bit about your background in founding Ocelot Uproar, and how Katacoda got started.
- Topic 2 - Katacoda is similar to a concept that I had a while ago, I called it Cloud Garage Labs, and I’m really glad Katacoda exists now. Tell us about all of the technologies that engineers can interact with today?
- Topic 3 - Let’s walk through the user's experience. Beyond the browser and reading the interactive tutorial, what does a user have to do?
- Topic 4 - Some of the topics are vendor-specific (e.g. Weave, OpenShift, etc.), but many are more generic. Who is creating them, maintaining them, and how do you choose to add new things? Are there costs to adding new topics?
- Topic 5 - What is some of the backend technology that you’ve built in order for all these topics to be hosted and delivered in just a browser-based experience?
- Topic 6 - Where do you want to see Katacoda expand to over the next couple years?
442 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 32 mins duration .