Manage episode 233198974 series 1401612
Technology has brought us all closer together than ever before, but something feels off. Are we lonelier than previous generations?
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Audible: Get a free audiobook download and a free 30-day trial by going to Audible.com/CIG or texting “CIG” to 500-500 on your phone.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- How to Never Have Friends and Be Alone Forever (Ep. 243)
- How to Be More Like Leonardo da Vinci (Ep. 240)
- Bad Blood, by John Carreyrou
- If This Isn't Nice What Is?, by Kurt Vonnegut
- Real Men Real Style on YouTube
- The Singularity
- CGP Grey on YouTube
- Kurzgesagt on YouTube
- TierZoo on YouTube
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
You can also get a free copy of my book, 10 Steps to Earning Awesome Grades (While Studying Less), by staying up to date with the College Info Geek newsletter.
- 0:05:13 - Forming deeper and more meaningful friendships
- 0:14:00 - Escaping to the online world and people who don't share your interests
- 0:23:26 - Sponsor: Audible (Listening to audiobooks)
- 0:27:51 - Connecting with other people
- 0:29:53 - Feeling like you're making a valuable and direct contribution
- 0:46:20 - How lack of discomfort has made us more timid
- 0:56:57 - Recap and conclusion
276 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 61 mins duration .