Manage episode 242197067 series 1401612
In this 5 questions episode, we talk about bills, self-improvement, branding, investing, and what it's like to move to a new city.
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: with over 27,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas' Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Todoist (iOS | Android)
- How to Budget Your Money Without Cutting Coffee (Ep. 174)
- How to Budget and Save Money as a College Student
- Thomas’ budget modeler
- Listen Money Matters
- MKBHD's Probe Lens video
- Casey Neistat's Life Explained in 27 Seconds video
- Matt D'Avella on YouTube
- bill wurtz on YouTube
- Wendover Productions on YouTube
- CGP Grey on YouTube
- Money Lab
- Graham Stephan on YouTube
- A Crash Course on How to Start Investing (Even If You’re in Debt) (Ep. 168)
- Portfolio Charts Golden Butterfly
- How to Move to a New City (From Start to Finish)
- Meetup (iOS | Android)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
You can also get a free copy of my book, 10 Steps to Earning Awesome Grades (While Studying Less), by staying up to date with the College Info Geek newsletter.
- 0:12:06 - Keeping track of monthly bills
- 0:25:42 - Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:28:18 - Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:29:59 - Continuously investing in yourself
- 0:43:36 - Building an online audience
- 0:51:28 - Starting to invest your money
- 1:04:54 - Moving to a new city
- 1:20:41 - Conclusion