Manage episode 225025155 series 1401612
In this 5 questions episode, we talk about recording lectures, getting the most from audiobooks, remembering what you read, and more.
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: with over 25,000 courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. Get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas' Productivity Masterclass!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- How to Never Have Friends and Be Alone Forever (Ep. 243)
- How to Learn Faster with the Feynman Technique
- The Laws of Human Nature, by Robert Greene)
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, by Robert Cialdini
- Children of Time, by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Kitchen Confidential, by Anthony Bourdain
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
You can also get a free copy of my book, 10 Steps to Earning Awesome Grades (While Studying Less), by staying up to date with the College Info Geek newsletter.
- 0:01:56 - Not letting your work take away your social life
- 0:09:32 - Improving the way you remember the things you read
- 0:16:02 - Paying more attention in class instead of recording lectures
- 0:22:12 - Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:24:05 - Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning new problem-solving skills)
- 0:26:01 - Using audiobooks effectively
- 0:34:22 - Should you do a minor or spend the time on something else
- 0:40:24 - Conclusion
259 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 61 mins duration .