Manage episode 229498486 series 1401612
We all know time is money, but as the gig economy and remote work blur the lines in our schedules, we're really starting to feel it. Is that a good thing?
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/CollegeInfoGeek — and if you’re one of the first 83 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- The Cut's The Psychological Trap of Freelancing article
- How to Stop Being Constantly Overwhelmed
- Matt D'Avella's Gary Vaynerchuk video
- How to Learn Any Language from Scratch
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
You can also get a free copy of my book, 10 Steps to Earning Awesome Grades (While Studying Less), by staying up to date with the College Info Geek newsletter.
- 0:01:12 - Benefits of this mindset and outsourcing tasks
- 0:10:29 - Overworking and feeling insecure by thinking time is money
- 0:21:28 - Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:24:18 - Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:25:51 - Balancing your free time and your work
- 0:37:35 - Starting to value your time more
- 0:43:19 - Embracing time off, eliminating distractions and outsourcing
- 0:50:23 - Conclusion
269 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 61 mins duration .