Manage episode 198755723 series 92960
"Estimating has nothing to do with selling." Mindset issues successful contractors must overcome. The critical financial factors you need to focus on.
This construction podcast from www.constructionleadingedge.com is an interview with Brian King, founder, owner and president of A M King, a $100 million design build construction firm.
What you'll learn about in this construction podcast:
- The wrong mindsets you need to overcome to be successful as a construction business owner.
- Why Brian says, "Estimating has nothing to do with sales."
- The critical few financial areas of the business you need to understand.
- Advice for you if you're starting a construction business.
- Why starting a subcontracting business might be a smart move.
- If you're just starting your career, or about to get out of school, Brian has some great "unsolicited career advice" you should listen to.
Resources and links mentioned in this construction podcast:
AM King Group's webiste - www.amkinggroup.com
Brian King's blog - www.briantking.com
Join the Construction Leading Edge Nation - www.constructionleadingedge.com/nation
Resources for Construction Business Owners
117 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 50 mins duration .