Manage episode 237662150 series 1376258
Todays guest is kind of a big deal.
And not just because she’s a New York Times best selling author, or because she was voted as one of the Guardian’s Top 100 Creative Professionals of the Year or any of her other awards and accolades – Joanna Penn is a big freakin deal because it was her podcast – the Creative Penn – that was responsible for me entertaining the idea that one day, may be I too could have a podcast.What we discussed:
- Has introversion helped/hindered Joanna’s career
- Using ‘introvert’ as a verb rather than a noun/label
- Tips for working on a creative project as an introvert
- Collaboration for creative introverts
- Tips for surviving multi-day conferences
- Advice for marketing ourselves vs. others
- Do men find it easier to promote themselves
- The ‘Vanilla Goth’
- When to pivot and when to stick with something
- Advice for goal setting and achieving big dreams
This podcast is made possible only by means of my generous supporters on Patreon. Thank you! Supporting the Creative Introvert podcast also gets you lots of goodies, from a Monthly Ask Me Anything to a copy of my new BOOK, The Creative Introvert: How to Build a Business You Love on Your Terms. Hitting milestones also funds future projects, and ideas guided by you, my supporters.