Manage episode 221561386 series 1980399
Sheila Pree Bright is a photographer using the camera to change how we see the world. Her work has won numerous awards, she was a runner-up for the million dollar TED prize, her photographs have appeared in galleries and museums around the world and she lectures all over the country. Her images break down old beliefs, shake up stereotypes, and help us all see the “other” for what they truly are: people. Sheila's photography is more than art, it's activism, change, and love.
Some of what we talk about:
- how to use art as activism
- the power of the lens to change what we see
- what it means to be black in a racist America
- how to build your own art business
- using social media to launch your career
May it inspire you to make your thing and change your world.