The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast | MedEd | FOAMed | Internist | Hospitalist | Primary Care | Family Medicine
#70: KevinMD: Kevin Explains Everything
Manage episode 192653385 series 1345893
Dr Kevin Pho, founder KevinMD.com “Social Media’s Leading Physician Voice" schools Matt, Paul and Stuart on a potpourri of topics including physician advocacy, the dangers and benefits of social media, the pros and cons of electronic health records, health policy, health advocacy and lastly primary care and the integration of advanced practice providers/clinicians. Special thanks to Dr Chris Chiu who helped produce the show and write our show notes.
Full show notes available at http://thecurbsiders.com/podcast
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:54 Picks of the week
- 06:58 Getting to know our guest
- 10:30 Why physicians need to understand health policy
- 11:21 Best advice Dr Poh has received in his career and why variety is important to avoid burnout
- 13:45 Advice to young physicians about to start using social media
- 16:40 Why are physicians afraid of social media
- 18:54 Risks of social media
- 21:20 Discussion of “Twitter bates” aka debates
- 23:20 Physician advocacy and social media
- 26:18 The next big health care debate...is it a right?
- 31:03 Why electronic health records are so painful to use?
- 34:49 How can charting be worked into clinic workflow?
- 37:50 Conspiracy theories on EHRs
- 39:11 Advanced practice providers/clinicians
- 46:40 Primary care shortage
- 50:16 Growth of medical administrators and how to take back control as physicians
- 52:38 Advice on how to break into medical writing
- 54:08 Paul ends the show with some wisdom and steals the show
- 55:59 Outro
Tags: kevinmd, advocacy, policy, health, care, ehr, chart, advanced, practice, clinician, physician, meded, foamed, social, media, twitter, kevin, pho, nurse, practitioner, medicine, internal, family, primary, education, internist, hospitalist
107 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 56 mins duration .