Dating Den Episode 106 — With Mary Ann Halpin: Are Your Online Photos Killing Your Game? Do's and Don'ts To Be a High-Quality Man Magnet
Manage episode 227819218 series 1095126
Are you putting your best self out there with your current online photos?
Are your online dating photos attracting the high-quality guys you want to date?
Marni welcomes photographer extraordinaire, Mary Ann Halpin to the Den today to discuss the importance of a professional photo shoot to enhance your online presence and solidify your personal brand. Mary Ann is an acclaimed photographer and speaker who facilitates workshops based in Los Angeles, California. She has created four books including Fearless Women, the book filled entirely with badass women with swords. Her goal behind the lens is to capture inner beauty in a way that creates outer beauty.
Why Professional Photos are Essential Online [2:51]
Marni reminds us that an awesome online photo is the best way to get your online profile the most attention. People can feel the energy of a photo. And, if the energy doesn't project what they are looking for they will pass right by it and move on to the next. The great thing about professional portraiture is it captures the energy you are projecting.
The old adage — The eyes are the window to the soul — is true. Making sure your true, authentic self is relayed in your photo is essential to finding the right guy for you.
Fun shots can be, fun but they may not portray the real you.
Questions to Ask Before Booking a Shoot [7:36]
The most important question to ask yourself before having your photos professionally done is “what are the photos for?” Or, “what is the goal these photos can help me achieve?”
Are you trying to attract the love of your life?
Mary Ann reminds us professional photos are an investment in your life, not a frivolous expenditure.
Before choosing your photographer get recommendations from people you trust who have used a professional in the past.
- 1. Ask for a consultation.
- 2. Do you feel comfortable talking with this person?
- 3. Ask them how they work.
- 4. Ask them for base prices.
- Putting Your Best Self Forward as a Fearless Woman [24:55]
- Marianne says, “It's always endearing to hear someone laughing at themselves. Good energy is contagious.” She believes women should fear less and love more. You can allow the judgment and fear of having your image captured to be debilitating or you can stand aside and let fear pass you by.
- What we believe about ourselves is true and our words have power.
- Give yourself permission to go for it. You have the right to find your ideal guy, so put your best self out there online to make sure you get him.
- Photo Don'ts:
- ● Don’t Force It — Be Natural
- ● Don’t Be Critical
- ● Don't Mistrust the Photographer
- ● Don’t Beat Yourself Up
- ● Don’t Show Up Hungover or Tired
- Your online image is you showing your soul out in the virtual space. Make all the pieces come together in online dating. True intimacy and connection will only come when two souls connect and the right photo can help you connect.
- Your lovability will shine through in your images to attract the right person for you.
- Make a Connection:
- Dating with Dignity Website
- Get a Free Coaching Session with Marni on Our Podcast - Sign up Here to Be a Guest On Our Show
- Join Our Free Dating with Dignity Facebook Group Here!
- How to Find a Quality Guy Without Going on 200 Dates - FREE
- Mary Ann Halpin