Manage episode 280025831 series 2527642
There’s something about the way of life in Italy that’s unlike any other place in the world. And having spent the past 16 months living here, my family and I have completely fallen in love with it — which is why I’m so excited about today’s episode of the podcast.
I’m hanging out with the legendary Frances Mayes, author of the New York Times bestseller, Under the Tuscan Sun, along with my dear friend, Ondine Cohane, travel journalist and author.
This conversation is an absolute treat, and perfect timing just before the holidays, as we’re talking all about their new book, Always Italy — the most beautiful book I’ve ever seen about Italy, and the ultimate gift for current or aspiring travel lovers! This book will take you on a journey through 20 different regions of the country and inspire you to come visit — once it’s safe to travel again, of course :)
We talk about their unique process for writing the book, why people fall so hard for Italy, how travel largens your sense of home, and so much more!
In this session, here’s what we cover:
- I share how my “someday dream” to move to Italy turned into a reality, along with the love and admiration I have for Frances Mayes life’s work. Why the element of surprise is such an important part of life!
- How travel largens your sense of “home” and why it doesn’t have to be a fixed location.
- The making of Always Italy - hear the behind the scenes process for collaborating, researching, and writing the book. Frances & Ondine reveal the hidden gems of Italy and their favorite places to explore.
- Find out what it’s like to buy and restore a home in Italy. Why moving to a new country doesn’t come at the cost of losing friends.
- What makes the way of life in Italy so much different than everywhere else?
- How living in a different country can open you up to new perspectives.
- How Frances & Ondine find meaning and purpose in both work & life - and the current projects they’re pursuing today.
- Advice for those who want to explore the world, but are worried about doing it alone.
Get Access to More Great Content!
To get access to the best financial tools, resources, and advice to help you LIVE RICH NOW, visit www.FinishRich.com
- Always Italy
- Under the Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy (book)
- Under The Tuscan Sun (movie)
- The Townhouse Caffe
- Smart Women Finish Rich
- The Florentine - Frances Mayes Interview
- Dream of Italy | PBS
- Cortona, Italy
- Puglia, Italy
- Salento, Italy
- Dolomites, Italy
- Tuscany, Italy
- Naples, Italy
- Bassano del Grappa, Italy
- Palermo, Italy
- Milan, Italy
- Sicily, Italy
- Trieste, Italy
- Venice, Italy
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Bologna, Italy
- Florence, Italy
Connect with David Bach