Manage episode 282240043 series 2527642
What’s the most difficult thing you’ve gone through, and what did you learn from it?
When I was 15 years old, I was hit by a car head on while driving a moped, which sent me flying about 75 feet through the air. The car had smashed directly into my left ankle. And if it weren't for my surgeon, it probably would have been amputated.
While lying in a hospital bed post-surgery, another doctor came to look at my situation. He told me, “You’re never going to ski again, you’re never going to run again, and you’re probably never going to walk again without a limp.”
I was absolutely devastated.
Until my nurse said something to me that changed my life forever...
She said “Let me tell you something. That doctor doesn’t know who you are and he doesn’t know what you’re capable of.”
She gave me hope!
She made me believe that I could make a comeback; that not only would I walk without a limp, but I would even be able to ski again — but it wouldn’t be easy.
I spent months in the hospital, participated in daily physiotherapy, and underwent 6 surgeries over the course of a year. And guess what? I got through it. And I’m happy to report that I can ski, I can run, and I can walk without a limp.
The moral of the story is that you’re stronger than you realize, and you are braver than you think. Nobody knows what you can do and you have to believe that YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS!
So, what challenge are you currently facing? Whatever you’re going through, today’s episode is going to inspire you to think differently and give you the motivation to overcome anything life throws your way!
In this session, here’s what we cover:
- Why you’re stronger than you realize.
- The reason why you can do hard things.
- How to remind yourself to survive hardship.
- Why serious health complications are a humbling experience.
- How I overcame a devastating accident and being told I’d never walk properly again.
- The importance of angels that show up in life.
- Why sometimes you have to prove everybody wrong.
- The way to look for Who Not How in your life.
- What’s wrong in your life right now that you can flip into gratefulness for the things that are going right?
- The reason nobody knows what you can do, and why it matters.
Your Invite to GrowthDay Coaching
David Bach now offers his monthly coaching on GrowthDay, where you get David and a dozen other world-class personal growth teachers LIVE every month, all year long. CLICK HERE to get LIVE coaching from David and other experts for less than $1/day!
- GrowthDay Coaching with David Bach
- The 3 Minute Sunday Newsletter
- The Latte Factor: Why You Don’t Have to Be Rich to Live Rich
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Glennon Doyle and Brené on Untamed
- The Multiplier Mindset with Dan Sullivan
- Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork
- Dan Sullivan on Twitter
Get Access to More Great Content!
To get access to the best financial tools, resources, and advice to help you LIVE RICH NOW, visit www.FinishRich.com
Connect with David Bach