Manage episode 286426445 series 1128477
Have you ever considered being a guest on a podcast?
It probably doesn’t surprise you to hear that the number of podcasts in the world right now exceeds 1.75 million (according to Podcast Insights) and that number is growing daily!
I just finished beta testing my brand-new podcasting course with Natalie Arent and we personally trained the hosts of three new shows coming out in the next month.
A few more stats in case you're not convinced this is a great way to get your message out:
- 55% of the US population has listened to a podcast (Infinite Dial 2020)
- 68 million people say they listen to podcasts weekly (Infinite Dial 2020)
- 16 million in the US say they are “avid podcast fans” (Nielsen Q1 2018)
This solo episode is all about how you can pitch and prepare to be the best guest you can be on someone else’s podcast so you can share your dream with a wider audience.
- Why you should consider being a podcast guest,
- How to find the right podcasts to pitch to,
- Preparing to pitch yourself and the one thing you MUST understand before you do,
- How to prepare for the interview itself,
- A few sound tips for the non-techy among us, and
- What to do during and after the interview, including my favorite tips to make sure your voice sounds full of energy even if you’ve been sitting quietly at your desk all day!
Even if you’ve never considered being a guest on a podcast, this episode will prepare you to put your best foot forward when the opportunity comes your way!
In case you’re new to the podcast, here are a few other episodes you may enjoy:
The #1 most-loved episode from Feb 2021:
The #1 most-loved episode of all time:
CONNECT WITH ME:
CHECK OUT THE SHOW NOTES: https://www.merrittonsa.com/podcast/190
JOIN THE COMMUNITY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devoteddreamers/
LOVING THIS PODCAST?