Manage episode 233569027 series 1757223
However, it’s also important to treat people who are well to ensure they’re making the right lifestyle choices, so they don’t become sick. Much of this school of thought centers around epigenetics.
Epigenetics, at its simplest, is the study of biological mechanisms that switch genes on and off. What you eat, drink, think and do—or don’t do—can cause chemical modifications around the genes that will turn those genes on or off over time, determining your short- and long-term quality of survival.
There are eight predictive biomarkers in particular that are indicators for lifetime health. They are:
- High sensitivity Hemoglobin A1c: Measure of efficiency of sugar/insulin/energy conversion
- High sensitivity C-Reactive Protein: Repair and inflammation immune status
- High sensitivity Homocysteine: Methylation, Detox, Cardio Risk
- Test for immune memory/immune response to up to 491 items
- Assess mineral need and cell acid/alkaline balance
- Vitamin D level for cell communication status
- Oxidative stress and antioxidant status in cell envelope (membrane)
- 8-hydroxy-2′-deoxyguanosine (8OHdG): Oxidative stress and antioxidant status in cell nucleus
140 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days .