Manage episode 223110379 series 30755
While international auto shows start to wane, what is perhaps the most important exhibition in the largest automotive market in the world continues to stand strong. The Los Angeles Auto Show brought us many tasty morsels to digest as we wait for the ambitious unveilings to transform into reality. One of the juiciest bits was the unveiling of Rivian, and Automotive Journalist, Basem Wasef, says it was the big standout of the show for him. Also, Basem shares how world culture has given him a unique automotive perspective, and fills us in on his new book, "Speed Read Supercar". Then, Director of Corporate Communications for Rivian, Michael McHale, reveals where the company came from and gives us the details on the R1T and R1S, their all-electric truck and SUV offerings which were shown off to the world for the first time at the LA Auto Show. Next up, Kelley Blue Book's Karl Brauer remains skeptical as to whether or not anything will come of Rivian - he's seen and heard it all before. What really impressed Karl was the new Gladiator, Jeep's first truck! Shifting gears, President and CEO of Subaru North America, Tom Doll, is excited to discuss the new Crosstrek Hybrid, next generation Outback and Legacy, the 7 to 8-seater Subaru Ascent, and record month-to-month sales. Changing lanes, JoshCAR Hollywood Car Consultant, Josh Hancock, gives us his picks from the LA Auto Show, including the Toyota TJ concept, Lincoln Aviator, and Hyundai Palisade. Last up, Justice Brothers President and CEO, Ed Justice Jr., shares his thoughts on the new Porsche 911, and tells us what to expect from the new book, "Legacy of Justice", available on Amazon.com. Tune in for more from the LA Auto Show.
- [00:00:00] LA Auto Show, Rivian, World Car Culture
- [00:06:15] "Speed Read Supercar"
- [00:12:30] Taking Electric Vehicles Off-Road
- [00:19:51] Rivian R1T, The Truck of Tomorrow
- [00:29:17] Vaporware or Reality?
- [00:35:52] Jaded on New Electric Car Companies
- [00:42:12] Jeep Gladiator Stealing the Auto Show
- [00:48:37] Subaru Continues to Dominate
- [00:54:43] Josh Hancock's Picks from LA Auto Show
- [01:02:04] Hyundai Palisade and 7-Passenger SUVs
- [01:10:46] The New Porsche 911 - Is It Too Big?
- [01:18:04] "Legacy of Justice"
2183 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 79 mins duration .