The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
243: How to Improve Your Ecommerce SEO
Manage episode 256329836 series 2391881
Our guest today is a dual-threat. He’s building an ecommerce brand while also running a digital marketing agency that specializes in SEO. Not only does he get to see what’s working for his clients, but he’s learning from what’s working in his own business.
Eagan Heath is the owner of The Splendid Beast and Founder of Get Found Madison. Today he’s doing a deep dive into ecommerce SEO and talking about how to avoid keyword cannibalization, how to get started with SEO (and if it’s even a good idea for your business), and tips for better tracking attribution.
- 6:11 The dual-threat that is Eagan Heath.
- 9:20 What it takes to grow your skills as an agency and the currency you should be selling in.
- 11:21 The different approach to capturing leads as an agency vs as an ecommerce business.
- 13:16 The complex order process for Splendid Beast and the advantages of a highly custom business.
- 16:21 The strategy Eagan used to double his business over the last four years.
- 18:09 How to avoid keyword cannibalization and appear higher in search results.
- 20:05 When you should start thinking about SEO (and whether you should be thinking about it at all).
- 23:43 How to get started with a very small budget.
- 27:34 Why it’s critical to remember that you are not your customer.
- 32:45 The huge value of having a business coach.
- 35:14 What gives Splendid Beast longevity as a business and differentiates it from competitors.
- 38:01 The issue with attribution on Google Analytics and the solution Eagan is using to work around it.
- Get Found Madison
- Splendid Beast
- @thesplendidbeast on Instagram
- How to Create a Keyword to URL Map (part of Eagan’s Digital Marketing Mastery Course. If you’re interested in the course, email Eagan directly)
- Eagan’s SEO Checklist
- @a_brawn on Twitter
- @andrewfoxwell on Twitter
- Profit Summit
- Brand Growth Experts
- Foxwell Digital
- Review or subscribe on iTunes