The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
124: [Case Study] The Effort Illusion: How Working Less Allowed Bombtech Golf to Finally Explode
Manage episode 187008599 series 74225
Does the thought of cutting back on hours put fear in your mind? If so, you’re not alone. In this episode you’ll learn why cutting back on hours could be the secret to unlocking growth.
About a year and half ago, Tyler “Sully” Sullivan from Bombtech Golf found himself at a familiar entrepreneurial crossroads. Burned out from 80 hour weeks and frustrated by the limited time he had with his newborn, Sully decided to pull the pin on excessive hours. From now on he’d only work 2-3 days a week. That decision led to the fastest growth in Bombtech history. Now he’s working smarter, growth is easier, and spending more time with his family.
In this episode, you’ll learn what it takes to unlock growth, why you should do things that don’t scale, and how to start a community.Episode Highlights:
- 8:56 How you can improve your business by finding the things you’re not good at
- 10:48 Do you want your business to grow? Eliminate the options
- 14:03 Why you should be using Facebook Groups to grow your test group
- 14:47 If you’re posting on social just about you, no-one is going to care.
- 16:56 How eliminating the “I’m the Owner” mindset with your customers will help you scale your business
- 17:22 The social media post that lead to Bombtech’s first million in sales
- 20:22 Never underestimate a hand written thank you note
- 22:44 Pulling levers: why you should consider adding an ads specialist
- 23:50 What's the hardest part of delegating? Hiring those who are skilled enough to take over
- 26:42 How bombtech is focusing on the customer & a new backyard game
- 30:09 Why you should do podcast ads
- 34:53 The low bar we’ve all set for customer service
173 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 33 mins duration .