The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
132: Email & Facebook Marketing Predictions for 2018
Manage episode 195629710 series 74225
Happy 2018! We’re back -- and we’ve got something special for you. Last week Andrew Foxwell and I hosted a Facebook Live where we talked about our email and Facebook marketing predictions for 2018.
Email marketing is alive and well, but there is one email opt-in technique that needs to be put to bed once and for all -- are you using it? There’s been a ton of hype around Facebook Messenger, but it has yet to live up to it -- will 2018 be its year?
Tune in to hear what we think will change and what will stay the same this year, and what you need to do to keep up with the ever-evolving world of online marketing.Episode Highlights:
- 2:00 How product integrations will grow and opportunities will increase with broad match Facebook targeting
- 4:15 As email open rates continue to decrease in 2018, you can stay competitive with segmentation
- 5:40 The expansion of Facebook Analytics: seeing the journey of a Like to a purchase
- 7:20 The increased effectiveness of connecting with cart abandoners through Facebook Messenger & Messenger bots
- 10:00 The continued integration and expansion of Instagram opportunities for advertisers
- 13:30 Email continues to be a top 3 sales driver (it’s far from dead)
- 14:30 Spin-to-win: why it’s likely ruining the quality of your email list
- 16:40 Advertising in Facebook Groups and other sub-communities
- 17:50 Expansion of bidding optimization - Facebook will help you reach your MVPs
- 19:07 Chat bots become better at lead capture and finding your best leads
- 23:30 Set yourself up to make 2018 your most profitable year yet by attending the Facebook or Email Marketing Intensive
173 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 33 mins duration .