The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
146 - Why Your Ads Get More Expensive As You Scale (And What To Do About It)
Manage episode 207836648 series 74225
Are your CPAs on Facebook or Instagram rising? If so, you’re not alone. As more advertisers pour into the channel the cost of advertising is going up! Today, we’ve got a special “Flash Episode” for you. We share why your acquisition costs always increase as you spend more and we go step-by-step through a process that will help you advertise more effectively and profitably.
This is a technical episode and one you might need to listen to a couple of times. But if you’re struggling to scale up your ad spend, it could be the ladder you need to take it to the next level. Andrew and I go super deep into the FB weeds and talk about audience building, refreshing ads, horizontal scaling, etc. Paid social advertisers...enjoy!Episode Highlights:
- 4:30 The super tool that Facebook has given advertisers and you’re likely not even using it.
- 6:08 How to find the “First Time Impression Ratio” for your ads to make sure you are reaching new users.
- 10:23 Red Alert: Your CPA’s are rising: Here are the 5 levers you can pull to see overall improvements
- 14:23 If you haven’t tried Instagram placement in over a year or even the last 6 months, you should be trying and testing Instagram placements
- 16:06 How you can correct a failing ad set with just 5 minutes and a pen and some paper.
- 16:20 The advice Molly Pittman shared with Andrew as it relates to scaling your business on Facebook.
- 17:24 Austin’s key takeaway from his recent read: Scientific Advertising
178 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 33 mins duration .