The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
155: How to Crush it With Better Customer Experience
Manage episode 214170729 series 74225
Babak Azad is the former SVP of Media & Customer Acquisition at Beachbody. During his time there, his team spent over half a billion dollars in media and acquired over 10 million customers through their website, on Amazon, and over the phone. Those are some big-time numbers.
In today's episode, we discuss the danger of falling into the "Cost Per Acquisition > Lifetime Value Game" and share a few surprising things most ecommerce businesses are missing in their quest for scale. This is an exceptional episode with an exceptional guy!Episode Highlights
- 6:15 Chicken or the egg: Babak's thoughts on pushing sales vs brand awareness to build a brand.
- 8:44 Why customer experience is not just about online UI and UX.
- 11:31 The one thing you must do to create a great customer experience.
- 12:00 How being different can increase your sales and improve your customer experience.
- 13:30 The surprising thing that most ecommerce sites are not focusing on.
- 16:00 How shout-outs, badges & leaderboards help Peloton dial in their customer experience.
- 23:30 The 4 buckets Babak uses for breaking up and creating a great customer experience.
- 25:00 Why you need to understand who you're serving and what they really value.
- 28:55 How niching down and clearly speaking to your core customer can really help you succeed.
- 31:47 These are the metrics you should be reviewing to track customer experience
If you liked this episode, you're going to love the Brand Growth Experts Membership. It’s a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
If you want to make sure you’re growing as quickly and sustainably as possible, click here to learn more. Hope to see you on the inside!
173 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 33 mins duration .