The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
163: The State of Ecommerce w/ the Motley Fool
Manage episode 217014637 series 74225
I have a fascinating episode for you today. This week, Andrew Foxwell sat down with Jason Moser, a senior analyst for the Motley Fool investment research team. You might be wondering why we are interviewing someone who helps people pick stocks for a living. It turns out, Jason's whole job at the Motley Fool is to research and analyze companies in the e-commerce sector and learn how they are innovating.
This is a big picture episode and they talk about a whole bunch of things. Andrew and Jason get into talking about Wayfair and Amazon. They also talk about the state of ecommerce, Shopify, Facebook, Instagram, and a bunch of other things. I think you'll really like this episode and I look forward to hearing your feedback on it. Enjoy!Episode Highlights
- 6:05 How Ecommerce brands are innovating the marketplace.
- 9:00 The two trends you should be exploring if you're a growing ecommerce brand.
- 11:27 How creating your own version of Amazon's "Prime Day" can generate revenues greater than Black Friday.
- 13:52 What Shopify is doing to help their clients grow their brands.
- 17:20 The 1 thing Dollar Shave Club has done to grow their business and how you can use it to grow yours too.
- 22:26 What your customers are really looking for (Hint: it's not a discount).
- 30:00 The future of ad products on social networks and their perceived value for advertisers.
- 38:56 The one tip you should always follow if you plan to invest in the market.
- Motley Fool - Money Podcast
- Motley Fool - Market Foolery
- Motley Fool
- Brand Growth Experts
- Foxwell Digital
If you liked this episode, you're going to love the Brand Growth Experts Membership. It’s a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
If you want to make sure you’re growing as quickly and sustainably as possible, click here to learn more. Hope to see you on the inside!Sponsor
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re running an ecommerce business and sending emails to your customers, you should be using Klaviyo. It will help you find out who your best customers are and target them one-to-one to make more money.
I’ve been using Klaviyo since they were just two employees. Now they have a team of 150 and are rolling out new features almost weekly. If you aren’t already a customer, head over to www.ecommerceinfluence.com/klaviyoand you’ll get a free trial + priority on-boarding.
177 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 33 mins duration .