The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
165: How Kim Kardashian West Helped LuMee Create Massive Growth
Manage episode 218061469 series 74225
About four years ago, Allan Shoemake was Skyping with his daughter and hated how the poor lighting was impacting the video quality. He strapped a couple of LED lights to the side of his phone case and LuMee was born.
Two years later, Kim Kardashian West picked LuMee as one of her “selfie secrets” and the company exploded from there.
Our guest Jeremy Horowitz is LuMmee’s Ecommerce Manager. He attended my email Intensive last August and then he went on to have a ton of success with email. In today’s episode, he shares what they've been working on, what's been working well, how they think about growth. I think you’ll really enjoy this tactic and results heavy episode. Enjoy!Episode Highlights
- 7:03 The email strategies that are currently working for Lumee.
- 8:50 The pages you should be placing pop-ups to increase your sales.
- 10:15 Why you should be using heat maps to find the holes in your funnel.
- 13:46 How Lumee changed their approach once Kim Kardashian West started promoting their cases.
- 19:50 How surveying your customers at these points in the funnel can lead to improved growth and a better customer profile.
- 24:11 The KPI's that Lumee focuses on and the book that changed their approach to tracking performance.
- 27:39 Lumee's plan for Q4 and the 1 holiday secret weapon they plan to use and you can too.
- 32:00 Why Jeremy is "nerding" out on Chatbots and messenger marketing right now.
- Measure What Matters - Book
- Dot Com Secrets - Book
- Brand Growth Experts
- Foxwell Digital
If you liked this episode, you're going to love the Brand Growth Experts Membership. It’s a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
If you want to make sure you’re growing as quickly and sustainably as possible, click here to learn more. Hope to see you on the inside!Sponsor
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re running an ecommerce business and sending emails to your customers, you should be using Klaviyo. It will help you find out who your best customers are and target them one-to-one to make more money.
I’ve been using Klaviyo since they were just two employees. Now they have a team of 150 and are rolling out new features almost weekly. If you aren’t already a customer, head over to www.ecommerceinfluence.com/klaviyoand you’ll get a free trial + priority on-boarding.
172 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 33 mins duration .