The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
166: How To Be 2x As Productive With Your Team
Manage episode 218564568 series 74225
About two weeks ago, my wife and I moved into a 100 year old bungalow here in Austin Texas. When you decide to move into an older house you expect certain things aren’t going to work. Each day you start adding to a checklist of all the things you’re going to need to fix.
That’s the easy part. The hard part is getting the right people out to fix what’s broken.
In addition to managing my team here at Brand Growth Experts and producing the Ecommerce Influence podcast, I’ve been coordinating electricians, plumbers, and painters to fix things at our house. Construction workers in Austin are so busy right now that getting people to show up is like herding cats. It’s been a lot of work and inspired today’s episode about managing a team.
In this episode, I’m going to walk through the framework I use to accomplish more with my team in much less time. Enjoy!Episode Highlights
- 6:10 The Scrum methodology and how it works for Product Management.
- 8:12 Step 1: The Data Dump: Getting all of your ideas on to paper
- 9:56 Step 2: Identifying the roles of your organization and their responsibilities related to the project.
- 13:42 Step 3: weeding through and prioritizing all of the projects you've previously put down on paper.
- 16:00 Step 4: How to break down the steps needed to complete the project(s)
- 21:50 Step 5: Preparing for the sprint and defining the size of the tasks to complete the project within the sprint goal.
- 26:45 Step 6: Daily check-ins and the 3 questions each team member needs to answer during the check-in.
- 28:20 Step 7: Sprint review, also known as the show & tell of the project sprint.
- 29:31 Step 8: Reviewing the sprint and deciding if the product/project is done and what to do if it is not complete.
- 30:19 The one part of Scrum you should never skip
If you liked this episode, you're going to love the Brand Growth Experts Membership. It’s a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
If you want to make sure you’re growing as quickly and sustainably as possible, click here to learn more. Hope to see you on the inside!Sponsor
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re running an ecommerce business and sending emails to your customers, you should be using Klaviyo. It will help you find out who your best customers are and target them one-to-one to make more money.
I’ve been using Klaviyo since they were just two employees. Now they have a team of 150 and are rolling out new features almost weekly. If you aren’t already a customer, head over to www.ecommerceinfluence.com/klaviyoand you’ll get a free trial + priority on-boarding.
173 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 33 mins duration .