The Ecommerce Influence Podcast: Advanced Acquisition and Retention Strategies for Fast-Growing Online Brands
170: The One Where Andrew Shares How He Got Into This
Manage episode 220570485 series 74225
One of the questions we love asking our guests is: how did you get where you are today?
It’s a question our listeners frequently ask Andrew and I too, and in today’s episode, Andrew is going to share his story.
Andrew has been working in digital advertising since before the inception of the Facebook News Feed in 2009 and he’s learned a lot along the way. He shares his first experience working in “new media,” tells the story of how Foxwell Digital was born, and talks about what success means to him.
- 3:18 How Andrew got started in digital marketing
- 6:04 A congressional campaign leads Andrew out East and into "New Media"
- 8:11 Andrew's experience working in Congress during the invention of Facebook Ads
- 12:45 When Andrew launched his first newsfeed advertisement
- 14:29 When social proofing meant getting the most Likes
- 15:46 The birth of Foxwell Digital
- 18:15 How Andrew and Gracie went from teaching seniors how to use iPhones to getting their first official clients
- 21:06 How Andrew and Austin connected
- 22:34 When Andrew official joined the Ecommerce Influence Podcast
- 26:39 How documenting and synthesizing makes you more creative and a better teacher
- 28:34 The future of Foxwell Digital
- 31:24 Why you don't have to make $100 Million to be successful
If you liked this episode, you're going to love the Brand Growth Experts Membership. It’s a community of top ecommerce business owners and marketers who I coach one-on-one to help scale up their businesses. Together we’ll create a plan that will help you scale up your business, and then I’ll help you execute it.
If you want to make sure you’re growing as quickly and sustainably as possible, click here to learn more. Hope to see you on the inside!Sponsor
This episode is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re running an ecommerce business and sending emails to your customers, you should be using Klaviyo. It will help you find out who your best customers are and target them one-to-one to make more money.
I’ve been using Klaviyo since they were just two employees. Now they have a team of 150 and are rolling out new features almost weekly. If you aren’t already a customer, head over to www.ecommerceinfluence.com/klaviyo and you’ll get a free trial + priority on-boarding.
182 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 33 mins duration .